Tuesday 6 October 2009

Letters



Heathen Massive UK, Gospel Dance Music for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Supporter. Feel free to donate to www.aidsmap.com

Fw: Please can you publish my diary‏
From: jason pegler (jasonpegler@yahoo.com)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: 06 October 2009 09:36:56
To: yvonnepatriciastewart-williams@hotmail.co.uk
2 attachments | Download all attachments (522.4 KB)
100 word ...doc (20.0 KB), My Daily ...rtf (502.4 KB)


Hi Yvonne, Thank you for your email. I have read your email and will get back to you in the next week or so. Jason Pegler CEO of the social enterprise Chipmunkapublishing www.chipmunkapublishing.com --- On Mon, 5/10/09, Yvonne Stewart-Williams wrote: > From: Yvonne Stewart-Williams > Subject: Please can you publish my diary> To: info@chipmunkapublishing.com> Date: Monday, 5 October, 2009, 2:35 PM> > > > > > Dear Chipmunkapublishing,> > > > I am currently an inpatient on ES3 of SLaM South London and> Maudsley Psychiatric hospital in Denmark hill.This is> following a short spell in HMP Holloway Womens Prison.> > > > Ordinarily, I work in full time paid employment for the> homelessness persons charity Thames Reach as a mental health> floating support worker in Westminster.> > > > I am a black lesbian single mother with a schizoaffective> disorder diagnosis dating from 1993. If you require any> current information about me google Yvonne Stewart-Williams> or e-mail me.> > > > Thanking you in advance> > > > Yvonne Stewart-Williams


Re: Hey There‏
From: lindasma12@aol.com
Sent: 02 October 2009 17:23:39
To: Yvonne Stewart-Williams (yvonnepatriciastewart-williams@hotmail.co.uk)

Thankyou for that I hope you are able to go to a meeting soon x
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Yvonne Stewart-Williams
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:29:13 +0100
To:
Subject: RE: Hey There


Hi dearest Linda,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I don't know how long I am going to be in hosptal. I have been here since 20th August 2009. My line manager and manager are going to physically visit me on Friday 2nd October 2009 and my friend Birgit is going to visit me on Sunday 4th October 2009.

I have my suspicions that I will still be in here for my birthday on 13th October 2009. But hopefully I will be released soon after if not before. I am desparate to get to a meeting.

Much love

Yvonne

RE: What's happening?‏
From: Yvonne Stewart-Williams (yvonnepatriciastewart-williams@hotmail.co.uk)
Sent: 02 October 2009 18:36:21
To: peter.revesz@thamesreach.org.uk

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for your e-mail. I really do appreciate you taking time out to write.
I hope that you and yours are all okay.

Me, I am taking time out here in SLaM following a spell in HMP Holloway. What can I say!?! Except that you are probably lucky that you didn't have ME for a blood sister! However, I really miss you and your excellent sense of humour, straight forward logical approach and compassion.

I have just started reading the Eckhart Tolle book 'The Power of NOW' and I am hoping that it is going to clarify things for me. It may seem like quite an odd thing for me to be saying following a prison experience bolted on to time in a psychiatric hospital but, I have never felt so much love in myself as I do now, despite my few down days!
Mind you, I have been visited by Ken and Emma this afternoon and told earlier that I will be getting a phone call from my son via social services.

You never guess what Peter? ES3 ward has asked me to try to contact Frank Bruno to do a talk for mental health day - we a celebrating it here on 21st October. Imagine that? What can I do, when I couldn't even produce Frank for Thames Reach.

Anyway when you find a little time, please work your feel good healing magic and, contact me again.

Give Paris and big hug

Much love

Yvonne



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Peter.Revesz@thamesreach.org.uk
To: yvonnepatriciastewart-williams@hotmail.co.uk
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:36:57 +0100
Subject: What's happening?



Hi Yvonne,
Just a quick one to say how's it hanging?
Long time no hear.
I hope you are ok?
Best wishes,
Peter.

Peter Revesz
Practical Support Worker

Thames Reach
Westminster Mental Health Floating Support Scheme
23-33 Strutton Ground
London SW1P 2HZ

T 020 7084 6832

M 07725 823 905
W www.thamesreach.org.uk





ΓΌ Before printing, think about the environment


This message and any attachments has been sent by Thames Reach - decent homes, supportive relationships, fulfilling lives. Thames Reach Housing Association Ltd is an Industrial & Provident Society registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965, Register No 24377R and is an exempt charity. This message is intended solely for the addressee(s) and is co


Southwark Mind LGBT project‏
From: Denise McKenna (denise.mckenna1@btopenworld.com)
Sent: 28 September 2009 17:21:51
To: flavio.silva@pacehealth.org.uk
Cc: Yvonne (YvonnePatriciaStewart-Williams@hotmail.co.uk)

Hi Flavio,

We spoke earlier today about an LGBT project/group which users at Southwark Mind are wishing to set up. The idea of the project emerged from a small user/survivor group called the Rainbow Resource which started in a day centre in Southwark a few years ago and which eventually linked up with Southwark Mind although it has been dormant since then, unable to continue without a paid worker.

Southwark Mind is run entirely by users/survivors of mental health services or people who have experienced mental distress although they may never have found themselved in the psychiatric system. All of our paid workers are survivors and we run loads of successful projects, do lots of campaigning work etc. One of our projects is the Southwark Users Council which consists of 14 users/survivors who represent the veiws of other users/survivors in projects throughout the borough, including the in-patient psychiatric wards, to service providers. We also have representatives who sit on the Mental Health Partnership Board for Southwark. The User Council is at the forefront of user involvement on Southwark and is invariably consulted by service providers, however there is no LGBT representative on the User Council and this is one of the things that our new project could address, although the purposes and goals of the project have yet to be decided, this will be up to the potential users of the group and I envisage that mutual support and friendship would be an important feature of the project.

Initially we have identified that we need a development worker to work 2 - 2 1/2 days a week to set up and maintain the project. Although Southwark Mind would be managing the project, for a number of reasons I think we should be looking beyond the mental health survivors community towards the LGBT community to support this project. For one thing any development worker outreaching into places like day centres and psychiatric hospital wards can be subject to some quite nasty homophobia (I know, I've tried it!) and although Southwark Mind has excellent anti homophobic policies I doubt if we are expert in supporting a worker who may have to confront this in their work, and such outreach would be an important part of the worker's role.

The idea is that Southwark Mind would manage the project but we would be interested in making a joint bid for this project with another organisation. Although it would be a Southwark project, I don't envisage that we would be too rigid about who could access it, for example, Southwark Mind has strong links with Lambeth Mind and Lambeth users who migh also want to use the project.

Having given you some background to this project I have two questions to ask: Do you know of any organisatioin, perhaps even Pace, who might be interested in co bidding with us for this project?

My second question is this: Do you know of anyone who can help us put a bid together?

Southwark Mind has limited resources to help with this project at the moment although the Executive Committee, of which I am part, are committed to setting it up. Notwithstanding that, it falls on a few unpaid LGBT users, including myself, to get this project up and running and we could use all the help and support that you could offer us.
We hope to have a focus group, which would be paid for my Southwark Mind (we don't envisage it would cost much) some time in December to establish the need for the project for the purposes of any bid and wonder if you might be able to provide us with any help in setting this up, if only in the form of advice and planning?

We would be very grateful to hear of any support you could give us in setting up this project and any thoughts you might have about it.

Thanks and best wishes
Denise McKenna
Southwark Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heathen Massive UK, Gospel Dance Music for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgendered Supporters [Welcome]