Thursday 10 September 2009

I Wet My Bed


Heathen Massive UK, Gospel Dance Music for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Supporter. Feel free to donate to www.aidsmap.com

Last night, three nights into the increase of my trifluoperazine anti-psychotic liquid oral sugar-free medication to 25mls, I wet my bed at approximately 4:50 am today.

I confess that I have a genetically inherited bladder that signals that my bladder is full and requires emptying when it is half full. [This information was given to me via extensive test at Kings College GeneralHospital across the road from where I am now situated at SLaM Psychiatric Hospital].

My medication increase means that the signal is not picked up due to drowsiness caused by the mood / mind altering anti-psychotic medication. I have experienced this before on increased medication. My fluid intake is monitored via a meal / drinks ward timetable. So I have not been drinking in excess and my medication suggests that alcohol is excluded whilst this medication is in use [I am in sobriety, one day at a time, forever, anyway] So there we have it. It is official. I am a bedwetter.

I have stripped from head to foot and placed myself in the shower. Used the last of my HMP Holloway canteen money purchased Dove soap and scrubbed myself. I have placed the clothes which I have been wearing since 1st July 2009 in the washing machine and it is almost time to dry it. I am now dressed in a male pyjamas bottom and a female nightdress. Without headwear. Staff and patients have indicated that they approve of my look. What can I say. This is no laughing matter. But I have to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heathen Massive UK, Gospel Dance Music for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgendered Supporters [Welcome]