Sunday 27 September 2009

If You Were MY WIFE I'd Drink It

Heathen Massive UK, Gospel Dance Music for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Supporter. Feel free to donate to www.aidsmap.com

If you were my wife, I'd drink it
There seems to be no depth to the decline
the spiralling plunge down into the belly
of the beast of despair...
Only sleep...
Juxtaposed between LBC - London's Biggest Conversation's
Steve Allen's voice
Which sprinkles the odd smile on my lips
and pierces these fast building frosty icycles
across my Heart & Soul.
I no longer feel the need for food or water
Meal times are only a time of day
not a feeling in my tummy
Thirst is a rarity
I can't seem to find my balance
My equilibrium,
My former joy
I am lost in the internal metaphorical tunnels of blackness
My metaphorical fingernails gripped so tight
that they are almost ripped from their moorings,
with the struggles of trying to tread water
and almost failing to survive.
Scary.
I am breathing in and gulping the fast flowing
metaphorical water.
I am drowning and my only fear is my present state.
The horrors of this non-state being
Stasis.
Each second I repetitively remind myself that
my dear friend Birgit is going to ring me on the
patient's phone at 7pm this evening.
Plus, Emma, my line-manager and Ken,
my manager are to physically visit me this
Friday 2nd October 2009. Afternoon.
I am locking down.
I am fazing out.
I hear that I feel like this because I am getting better.
Just like my great mentor
Sir Winston Churhill,
I drink the daily 30mls of trifluoperazine
[Stelazine]
I am lost.
Searching...
Sleep finds and leaves me...
I dare not ask for it's permanence.
I write this and feel no carthartic benefit.
I need love to anchor me
in this place
of seemingly lost souls.
I need LOVE.
I must find it within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heathen Massive UK, Gospel Dance Music for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgendered Supporters [Welcome]